Toby Neal will take you straight to the Big Island of Hawaii in this exciting novel. Blood Orchids has it all—a strong female lead, a sexy detective, and even an adorable dog.
Plot Overview: The book opens with young policewoman Lei Texeira discovering the bodies of two murdered teens in the sleepy town of Hilo, HI. Haunted by her own traumatic past, Lei won’t stop until she finds the person responsible for the murders. Detective Michael Stevens is fresh from the mainland, and he needs Lei’s help to navigate the local culture. They end up working together to solve the crime, and find more romance than either was bargaining for.
- Setting: You can almost smell the plumeria flowers in the air.
- Characters: Perfectly flawed!
- Plot twists: You will never see them coming!
- Writing: wonderful prose and beautiful descriptions
- Secondary characters: Keiki is more than a dog, she’s Lei’s best friend.
- Graphic scenes: This is more of a warning than a con. Beware if you are sensitive to rape, murder and violence. This book has it all.
IN Summary: If you haven’t read Toby Neal, you are missing out! This is romantic suspense at its best. This book has a great love story, a wonderful plot, and a detailed setting that only a native could have written. The even better thing is that this is the first book in a series. I can’t wait to devour them all!
Over and Out, Jessica Davenport