If you don’t think you like M/M romance novels, I challenge you to read this one. It just might change your mind. These characters were so great, they will tempt anyone to read outside their genres.
Super-hot Hockey star James Fitzgerald has a heart of gold. He’s a family man who takes care of everyone in his life. His devotion to his career on the ice has prevented him from making a long-term commitment in the romance department. He’s already known as the openly gay NHL star, he doesn’t want to cause any more attention to his personal life by dragging his dating life through the tabloids. When he goes to London with his sister, Fitz happens to walk in a Dean Collins’ bar, and everything changes. At first they think it could just be a fling, but things turn serious pretty quickly. They are forced to figure out what to do when love comes unexpectedly.
- Trope: Just a fling turns into a helluva lot more
- Sexy main characters: double the charm in this m/m delight.
- Secondary Characters: lots to choose from in both NYC and London
- Smoking hot sex: There are so many sex scenes in this book, and they are all on fire
- LOVE is love
- Audio: I had to dig deep to find this one. But I am not a fan of the multiple narrator style of this audio book. Too many voices in the mix was distracting. I know most will disagree and it will probably grow on me in the future. That is all.
To sum it up, I LOVED this book! It was a fun read. The characters were so emotionally invested, and the chemistry? Sizzled off the page!!! Let’s face it, I would read anything LB wrote! She is the master of intimacy between couples of any sex.
My favorite thing about this book is that LB wrote it in a world where there is no such thing as homophobia. LOVE that!! It shouldn’t take a fictional world for men to feel comfortable kissing their partner in a bar or on a riverboat tour. Heterosexual couples make out in public all the time, why not same-sex couples?
Blakely will probably get blasted over her bold decision to block out negative homophobic vibes, but I applaud her for it!! Very inspirational!!